Wednesday 9 December 2015

Office Appropriate Holiday Outfit-Mixing Lace

Elizabeth and James Red Garett Lace Midi Skirt



















Is it just me or did the month of December arrive too quickly? Now that everyone is prepping for their holiday parties, I figured now is the best time to post my holiday outfit I wore last year  minus my Pajar jacket and Sorel boots. This OOTN post may serve as some inspiration for those still seeking an a work appropriate holiday outfit.
Since one of my X-mas parties involves a sit down meal, there was no need to worry about feeling restricted. I opted for a pencil skirt. The only movement I would be doing that night involved forking my food from my plate to my mouth, so who cares if I can only take tiny steps!

I'm completely in loved with this Elizabeth and James Red Garett Lace Midi Skirt.  I love how the lining of the skirt, is actually much shorter than the lace itself. Giving a little peek-a-boo skin.


Elizabeth and James Red Garett Lace Midi Skirt-2



















I decided to pair this midi Elizabeth and James skirt, with a lace top I picked up from Club Monaco. Even though the top has a  plunging neck line, the added lace panel provides a little bit of extra coverage.  But not to worry, I was not completely covered head to toe.

Elizabeth and James Red Garett Lace Midi Skirt-3



















I seem to have a thing with tops with back cut outs. Kinda of ironic given the fact that my back is the first part to get cold.

Elizabeth and James Red Garett Lace Midi Skirt-4



















My number one rule for office holiday parties: Only show a bit of skin, in my case I opted to show off my back.

Elizabeth and James Red Garett Lace Midi Skirt-5



















I even managed to wear my Miu Miu's that I picked up for $50 at a sample sale. Yes, you read that right, I managed to score a pair of Miu Miu's for $50. The heel is so exaggerated I wasn't sure if I would ever be able to wear them, but for $50, you really can't go wrong. It would have been wrong of me to pass on these shoes.

Top: Club Monaco | Skirt: Elizabeth and James | shoes: Miu Miu

Don't forget to share with me your office appropriate holiday outfits below.

No comments:

Post a Comment