Sunday 25 October 2015

Hobbit Hole in Dorval


Hobbit Hole-Dorval-1











When I heard about the Hobbit hole in Dorval, I knew I just had to check it out in person.  This is the second summer in a row that Dorval has re-created a hobbit hole. How did I not hear about this?! Not that I'm a huge Lord of the Rings fan, but I can appreciate themed miniature garden. Last year, it was themed around Ent. This year Windsor Park was transformed into Smaug's the magnificent's new home.

In Canada, I've spotting geese/deer crossings, but never a Hobbit crossing


Hobbit Crossing-Dorval Park
Hobbit Crossing

Hobbit Hole-Dorval--Smaug
Smaug guarding the Hobbit hole

Hobbit Hole-Dorval-Smaug-2



















Hobbit Hole-Dorval-Smaug-3



















Just look at the details, the municipal workers of Dorval definitely went all out. Smug is entirely made of recycled materials.


Hobbit Hole-Dorval-Smaug-4




















Hobbit Hole-Dorval-Smaug-5





















The only other thing that could have topped it off, was if we were able to enter the Hobbit hole. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wanted to enter the Hobbit hole.

If you're curious to check out the Smaug the magnificent's new home head over to Windsor Park in Dorval before he migrates for Winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment