Monday 21 September 2015

Distressed Denim

distressed denim jeans


I never thought I would be one to own a pair of distressed denim let alone distressed a pair of my own, but this summer I have been living in this pair of DIY distressed denim.

I have always liked the idea of distressed jeans, but just not for me. I have dabbled into the world of distressed denim, I own 2 pairs of slightly distressed denim jeans (i.e they basically have like 1 rip at the knee).  But I never was willing to purchase a pair of severely distressed denim jeans, I didn't think I could pull them off . I would see fashion blogger after fashion blogger with a pair and it just encouraged me to jump out of my comfort zone.  I think one of the reasons I was never purchased a pair of distressed denim was because I just never found the right  pair.  Either there were too many rips, not enough rips, the rips were at odd places, or the rips just didn't fall nicely. Talk about being the goldie locks of distressed denim!

So I decided to take matters into my own hands and DIY a pair myself.  And I have to admit I really like them.  The rips are all in  just the right places.


Distressed denim with pretty ballerina flats


Boyfriend blouse with distressed denim



If you're curious about how I distressed my denim stay tune, my DIY post will be up shortly!

Top: Banana Republic | Jeans: J Brand (distressed by moi) | Shoes: Pretty Ballerina


2 comments:

  1. You did a great job on your DIY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I wasn't so sure how it would turned out as I was distressing. I almost regretted distressing a perfectly good pair of jeans. So happy it didn't turn into a disaster.

      Delete